SERVICE FOR SUPPLYING A Barcode
In the past 5 years, Vietnamese consumers in general and in big cities such as Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City… in particular have had the habit of going to supermarkets or mini shops to view and shop. goods. Here, everyone can see a series of numbers under a series of dark and light bars of different lengths printed directly on the product or on a sticker on the outside of the product’s packaging, that is the code – barcode on the product.
We specialize in the service of applying for product barcodes, consulting on procedures for applying for product barcodes, Providing application documents for product barcodes, Representatives of applying for product codes. Product barcodes proceed quickly and accurately.
1. What is a barcode?
Barcode by definition is a method of storing and transmitting information by a type of symbol called Barcode symbology. And below the barcode is the corresponding code sequence.
According to the provisions in Article 3 of Decision 15/VBHN-BKHCN of the Ministry of Science and Technology on promulgating “regulations on the grant, use and management of barcode numbers”, according to which “Barcodes are a series of barcodes. parallel dark and interlaced spaces to represent the code so it can be read by the scanner.” And “Code is a sequence of digits used to identify items, places, and organizations.”
Barcodes can be read by optical scanning devices called barcode readers or scanned from images using specialized software. Barcodes show information about products such as: Country of manufacture, business name, batch, registered quality standards, product size information, inspection place…
Each product carries only a unique barcode that never changes. For codes: The structure of the most common type of global trade item number in Vietnam today is a 13-digit GTIN code. When reading this code we read from left to right in the following order:
– The first three digits 893 represent the GS1 Country Code administered and issued to Vietnam by the GS1 Organization;
– The next four, five, six or seven digits represent the Company Identification Number administered by GS1 Vietnam and assigned to the organization using the GS1 number;
– The next five or four or three or two digits represent the Item Identifiers administered and assigned by the organization using the GS1 numbering for its items;
– The last digit represents the Check Digit (calculated from the previous twelve digits according to the GS1 determination algorithm).
Therefore, to ensure the reputation and brand for businesses, the use of barcodes is a measure of product differentiation, as well as creating consumer confidence.
2. What are the benefits of barcode registration?
This is considered the top reason why people come to barcode registration services. Every organization and individual that trades in products wants to be able to sell goods and make a profit. And one of the ways to do that is to put products into supermarkets, where many target customers are concentrated. So how to bring your products to the supermarket? And now businesses need to register barcodes for products.
Easily control products and services
Registering product barcodes will help individuals and organizations facilitate the process of managing, arranging and classifying goods correctly. From there, control and make the right adjustments in the business strategy.
Increase work efficiency, save labor costs
Another preeminent feature that barcode registration brings to businesses is to save labor costs. Previously, to manage the quantity of goods required a lot of data entry and processing workers. Now, with barcodes and scanners, the number of workers to use will be much less but still ensure the work progress.
3. Does not register product barcodes violate the law?
Although Vietnamese law is not required to register barcodes for products. However, in some cases, organizations and individuals may be handled for administrative violations in the field of quality measurement standards. Specifically, in Article 27, Decree No. 80/2013 clearly states.
A fine of between VND 2,000,000 and 5,000,000 shall be imposed for one of the following acts:
a) Failing to notify the competent authority in writing when there is a change in the name, transaction address on the business license or the certificate of the right to use the lost or damaged barcode;
b) Competent authority inspects the product but fails to present proof of legal barcode
c) Failure to submit the list of Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN) and Global Location Number (GLN) used to the competent authority;
d) Using foreign barcodes for products of Vietnamese origin without notifying authentication documents.
A fine ranging from VND 6,000,000 to VND 10,000,000 shall be imposed for one of the following acts:
a) Using barcode numbers with the beginning of Vietnam Country code (893) without having been granted a certificate of the right to use barcodes by a competent authority;
b) Illegally using barcodes of other enterprises that have been granted certificates of the right to use barcodes by competent authorities;
c) Using signs that cause confusion with barcodes;
d) Failure to pay annual maintenance fee for using barcodes.
A fine ranging from VND 10,000,000 to VND 20,000,000 shall be imposed for the following acts:
Using foreign barcodes to print on products and goods manufactured in Vietnam without the written permission of the competent foreign agency or the organization owning such barcode.
Forcible recall of goods with infringing barcodes, for violations specified in Clauses 2 and 3 of this Article.
4. How to have product barcode?
To have barcodes on their products and goods, businesses and organizations must register product barcodes with the General Department of Standards, Metrology and Quality (GS1 Vietnam) to be resolved.
The General Department of Standards, Metrology and Quality (GS1 Vietnam) will issue codes to businesses and organizations to print on products and goods according to standards.
Enterprises must pay a barcode registration fee and an annual fee to maintain the use of barcode numbers according to regulations of the Ministry of Finance.
5. Barcode registration sequence
According to Decision No. 15/2006/QD-BKHCN on the issue, use and management of product barcodes, the barcode registration process is as follows:
– Prepare registration documents;
– Submit the dossier to the authorities;
– Appraisal of dossiers;
– Issue certificate.
In the following content, we will guide you how to do it in detail.
6. Barcode registration records for products
Documents to be prepared include:
– 01 registration form, made according to the form of the Ministry of Science and Technology
– 01 registration form according to the form of product list using item codes;
– 01 information registration form according to the prescribed form for GS1 database
– Certificate of business registration (copy);
7. Barcode registration time
– In the period from 02- 03 working days from the time the application is submitted at the General Department of Standards, Metrology and Quality, customers will be granted and used a barcode number if the application is valid. .
– Certificate of barcode rights will be issued to the signer after 1 month.
– In case the registration dossier is invalid, the Quality Control Council will clearly state the reason, the individual or organization will have to amend, supplement and send it back as soon as possible.